Looking for a last minute dessert kind-of- dessert to bring to a family dinner or potluck at the office? Don’t despair! I have got you covered! It’s a Pecan Pie Trifle layers of chunked pecan pie, whipping cream/Mascarpone cheese mixture, fudge, caramel and toasted pecans. Doesn’t that sound like pure evil? Well, it is!
Very rich and sinfully delicious.
This is the perfect dessert if you are like me this time of the year, pressed for time. I, of course, welcome shortcuts especially with all hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping, wrapping presents and holiday parties etc. But there is certainly no shortcut on taste. This pecan pie trifle taste absolutely amazing! I mean everyone will think you have been in the kitchen all day to create this yummy dessert.
With this recipe I buy a store bought pecan pie. I promise no one will ever know that it is not made from scratch (unless you tell them) with all the rich layers of deliciousness. You can use cream cheese instead of Mascarpone cheese, but, I highly recommend the Mascarpone cheese. To me the taste of Mascarpone really takes this dessert to the next level. If you are not pressed for time, you can also make chocolate ganache and a homemade salted caramel sauce, but a store bought, high-quality hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce will work just fine!
- 1 (8-ounce) container Mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2-pound) frozen pecan pie (Edwards Georgia Pecan Pie) thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1⁄3 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Garnish: whipped cream, maraschino cherries with stems
- Beat Mascarpone, whipping cream, and vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
- Place half of the pie cubes in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or a tall, clear 4-quart glass bowl.
- Spread half of whipped cream mixture over the pecan pie cubes.
- Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping.
- Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with whipped cream, cherries and drizzle with caramel and chocolate fudge topping.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.