Livened up the a dash of hot pepper sauce, these simple yet fancy smoked salmon and cream cheese cucumber bites are crunchy, creamy finger food perfection! You’re going to just love them!
For a quick and easy appetizer, you can’t beat these.
I love to host parties, but hate letting myself get overwhelmed with complicated, messy recipes that leave me frazzled and my kitchen a mess. Simple is much better. And the fact that these pretty little bites take less than 10 minutes makes them way attractive from a host perspective.
These are also great for any time of the year Easter, Mother’s Day, or a brunch party! For something different, you can add a little dash of lemon zest and fresh dill.Print
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 (16-ounce) can salmon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted mixed nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish: paprika and fresh parsley sprigs
- Score cucumbers with a channel knife and slice into 1⁄4 inch slices.
- In a small bowl, combine salmon, liquid smoke, cream cheese, hot sauce, nuts, parsley, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Pipe onto center of each cucumber.
- To garnish, sprinkle with paprika and top each canapé with a fresh parsley sprig.