Hi, my name is Aletia. I am a true blue Southern girl, cookbook author, entrepreneur, self-taught food photographer and lover of chocolate.
I love to cook, bake, entertain and create new recipes. I am blessed to have come from a long line of fantastic Southern cooks. It’s a pleasure to be able to share all my wonderful family recipes that have been passed down from generations and recipes that I have developed over the years along with my passion for entertaining and Southern culture.
A few things about me:
- I’m addicted to cookbooks. I read them like novels. I often go to bed with a stack of cookbooks and fall asleep while reading them. (I can’t explain it….it’s a “Southern Thing “.)
- I was in the restaurant business for over 20 years.
- I have a passion for chocolate and pound cakes I couldn’t imagine life without either.
- I make a mean banana pudding, from scratch. (my mama taught me how)
- I do use lots and lots of butter in cooking. I was born and raised in the South, of course I do!
- My morning coffee keeps me sane.
- I love small quaint coffee shops and outdoor cafes.
- I love Springtime in the South.
- I’m the happiest when my family is all gathered together around the kitchen table and the air is filled with laughter and chatter.
- One of my favorite Bible verses is Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
You’ll find the classic traditional comfort foods, along with a new twist on old Southern favorites inspired by all the different diverse flavors found across the South. My recipes are quick, easy and uncomplicated, using simple, fresh ingredients that can be found in any grocery store.
The Southern Life section is where I write about living below the Mason-Dixon Line, from Sunday Dinners, church suppers, to buttered grits and all kind of Southern drama in between. Along the way, you can follow my travel adventures to delicious stops around the South. And join me regularly for morning coffee and front porch chats.
Thank you for allowing me to share my love of cooking. I hope you enjoy my website. My goal is make you feel confident in the kitchen whether you are just cooking for yourself or hosting a dinner party of eight. But more importantly, I want you to simply have fun in the kitchen!
Let’s Keep in Touch
To have delicious recipes and entertaining tips sent straight to your inbox – Subscribe via email. You can also join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Please feel free to comment on my blog posts. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, you can email me at [email protected]. I’ll try my best to get back with you as soon as possible.
For partnership and press inquiries, contact [email protected].