This is one of my favorite appetizers to bring to a party especially this time of the year. It’s so delicious and it’s bursting with all the season’s flavors-cinnamon, nutmeg, fresh orange and topped with toasted pecans. I promise every bit will be devoured! This beautiful appetizer can be made in a snap! Trim rind from the top of the brie. Spread the cranberry filling on top and sprinkle with toasted pecans. Bake and serve hot with assorted crackers, gingersnaps, apple slices, pears, or baguette rounds. I hope you enjoy this for a holiday party!Print
- 1 (16-ounce) round Brie
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Trim rind from top of Brie, leaving a 1⁄2-inch border on top.
- Place Brie on a baking sheet.
- Stir together cranberry sauce and the next five ingredients; spread evenly over top of Brie.
- Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Bake Brie at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Serve with assorted crackers and apple or pear slices.