Let the games begin and let’s get the party started…..
Because I have the best recipe for your Super Bowl party or for anytime the whole gang’s together for a fun time. This hot, spicy and extra cheesy chicken dip is totally amazing!
I’ve spent a lot of time in the kitchen these last few days to create this delicious very tasty dip. I know you are going to love it too!
Whether you’re hosting a party this weekend or headed to a potluck, you can’t go wrong making this dip. It’s got everything from a mixture of delicious cheeses, black beans, corn, jalapeños, to spicy salsa and taco seasoning. It’s like a whole meal in one dip. Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you away from making it. It’s really super easy to make. In fact, it’s so easy that you could make it in your sleep! Ha, ha! I wouldn’t recommend doing that. But you could put the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it simmer while you sleep. I’ll give you step by step instructions in this post on how to cook it in a slow cooker or crock pot.
One of my favorite things about this chicken dip is that it’s a one pot recipe. You can make it all in one pot. Anytime I can save washing a lot of dishes, I’m a happy camper.
These are the ingredients that you are going to need:
- 8-ounces cream cheese
- 2-cups sour cream
- 1-stick butter
- 8-ounces Veleeta cheese
- 1-cup medium cheddar cheese
- 1-cup parmesan cheese
- 1-cup monterey jack cheese
- 3-cups cooked shredded chicken (about 2 medium to large chicken breast)
- ½ – teaspoon garlic powder
- 1- package taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 – cup diced jalapeno peppers
- 1-15-ounce can black beans
- 1-15-ounce can yellow whole kernel corn
- ⅔ -cup medium thick and chunky salsa
- Be sure not to forget tortilla chips or crackers to serve
- Plus, for garnish: extra shredded cheese, 1 avocado, 1 roma tomato
Here’s how to make this fabulous hot and spicy chicken dip!
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine cream cheese, sour cream and butter and whisk until melted.
- Stir in cube Veleeta cheese, cheddar, monterey jack, and parmesan cheese and mix until all the cheeses have melted. It should start to bubble a little bit.
- Stir in chicken, jalapenos, black beans, yellow corn, garlic powder and taco seasoning. Bring to a light boil. Stir in salsa and cook for about one minute longer. Remove from heat. Garnish if desired and serve warm or hot. Mmmmm….. so good!!!!!
Here’s how to make it in a slow cooker or crock pot:
Turn crock pot on medium. Place cream cheese, sour cream and butter in the bottom of the crock pot. When the cream cheese mixture has melted, add the cooked shredded chicken and all the rest of the ingredients except the salsa. Stir well. Cook on medium until hot and bubbly. Stir in salsa and continue cooking for fifteen minutes longer or until hot through and though. ( Note: be sure to stir mixture about every 20 minutes) To serve the dip in a crock pot, turn down the heat to low.
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 16 ounces (2 cups) sour cream
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 (8-ounce) block of processed cheese such as Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, finely shredded is best
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 ½ to 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (about 2 medium size chicken chicken breast)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (.1-ounce) package of taco seasoning
- ¼ cup diced jalapeño peppers, (medium or hot. Your choice)
- If you like it extra hot, add more jalapeños
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can of yellow corn kernels, drained
- ⅔ cup (medium hotness) thick and chunky style salsa
To Serve and Optional Garnish:
- Tortilla chips or crackers to serve
- Medium cheddar and Monterey Jack shredded cheese for topping
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine 8 oz cream cheese, 16 oz tub sour cream and ½ cup butter and melt together, whisking until blended.
- Stir in Velveeta, cheddar, monterey jack and parmesan cheeses and mix until cheeses are melted. It should start to bubble.
- Stir in chicken, garlic powder, jalapenos, black beans, and yellow corn. Bring to a light boil and stir in salsa. Cook for one minute longer. Remove from heat. Garnish if desired and serve warm or hot with tortilla chips or crackers. Enjoy! It’s supper easy and the best dip in town!
Do ahead tip: This dip can be made two or three days before serving. Store in the refrigerator until ready use. Warm over low heat on the stove or place dip in a crockpot on medium heat. Heat until hot and bubbly. Leftovers will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator from the time that you make it.