Yummy, Yummy, Yummy
are the best words to describe Pineapple Cheese Casserole. Pineapple Cheese Casserole is both sweet and savory. It’s literally a Southerner’s dream all rolled into one casserole-the perfect mix of canned pineapples, cheddar cheese, sugar, and buttered Ritz crackers.
For potlucks, church suppers, family gatherings, this is my dish to bring. It’s supper easy and can be whipped up in a snap and EVERYONE goes Stark Raving Mad over it! And never a crumb left!
It goes well with ham, pork and fried chicken. My family loves this casserole. Our holiday meals wouldn’t be complete without it.
- 2 (20-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained (save 8 tablespoons juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded medium sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed round buttery crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crushed pineapple, sugar, juice, flour, and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 10 inch casserole dish.
- Roll crackers in butter; sprinkle on top of casserole and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.