Peach and Pecan Dip is perfect for summertime entertaining.
With just a few simple ingredients you can have the most amazing appetizer. It’s as easy as 1-2-3 and can be whipped up in a snap.
This is the dish that I rely on for spur-of –the- moment guests and it often answers, so many times, my “What can I bring?” question. So this delicious Peach and Pecan Dip has you covered!
All you need is peach preserves, cream cheese, chopped pecans and a box of your favorite crackers. Of course, we Southerners love our Ritz’s!
Here are a few tips and ideas for this dip:
- To spice it up a little, chopped up a fresh jalapeno pepper and sauté in olive oil. Add the chopped jalapenos to the peach preserves.
- Serve the dip individually on crackers or on open faced sandwiches for a tea, bridal shower, baby shower, front porch parties etc.
- Spread on bagels, toast, or biscuits.
- This is perfect to take on picnics or an outside concert in the park.
- Substitute other favors of fruit preserves for the peach for something different. Some of my other favorites are strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) jar peach preserves, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 Box of your favorite crackers (Ritz’s Crackers are my favorite)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add ½ cup of the peach preserves and 1/2 of the chopped pecans and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Before serving spoon into a serving bowl. Spoon the remaining or about peach preserves over the peach cream cheese mixture. Top with the remaining chopped pecans. **(I like to ground up about 1/3 cup of the pecans real fine)
- Serve with crackers or toasted rounds