A sweet and salty party mix made with Corn Chex’s, dry roasted peanuts, M&M’s, salted pretzels coated in a rich creamy white chocolate. It’s simply out of this world delicious and perfect for the holidays!
- 6 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 6 (cups small salted pretzels
- 1 (16-ounce) jar dry roasted peanuts
- 2 to 3 cups plain M&M’s
- 2 (12-ounce) bags of premium white chocolate chips
- 2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- Holiday sprinkles
- Parchment paper or wax paper
- In a large bowl, combine the Corn Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and M&M’s.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable oil and heat at 30-second intervals. Stir with a wooden spoon after each interval. Repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth and creamy. (NOTE: Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Melt slowly)
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour the chocolate over the Corn Chex mixture. Very Gently stir the dry mixture with the melted chocolate until well coated.
- Spoon the mixture onto a parchment or waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the holiday sprinkles.
- After the party mixture has cooled, break apart and store in airtight freezer bags in the freezer until ready to serve. The mix can be frozen for up to 4 weeks.
In this recipe, I prefer using Corn Chex not Rice Chex’s, Wheat Chex’s, or Wheat Crispix. Be sure to use salted dry roasted peanuts, not cocktail peanuts and salted pretzels for sure for that sweet & salty taste. Also, be sure to use good quality or premium white chocolate. Don’t use bark wax. Store this mix in the freezer. Believe me, you will thank me for this tip. Keeping it frozen prevents it from getting soggy. Once you take it out of the freezer, it will thaw in just a matter of seconds. Hey, I actually love to eat it straight from the freezer! Try it, you’ll like it that way too!