- 1 ¾ cups (1 stick and 6 tables spoons) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 5 ½ to 6 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted before measuring
- 3 tablespoons heaving whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Mexican vanilla or Mexican vanilla blend such as Molina
- With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Slowly add 5 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar, the heavy cream, and Mexican vanilla, while reducing the mixer speed to running low. If mixture seems too thin, add ½ more confectioners’ sugar or if frosting is too thick add another tablespoon of cream. ***Whip on high speed for about 2 to 3minutes or until frosting is very light and fluffy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe tip: This recipe makes enough frosting to frost 12-16 cup cakes or one 9 x 13 quarter sheet cake and a 3 layer cake.
***Whipping on high speed after all the ingredients have been added is very important to having a light, fluffy and creamy icing.