A delicious light and fluffy salad or dessert made with pistachio pudding, crushed pineapple, miniature marshmallows, nuts, and cool whip. It can be whipped up in a snap. Perfect for potlucks! A taste of heaven on earth.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container of cool whip thawed
- 1 (heaping) cup of miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Stemmed maraschino cherries for garnish if desired
- In a glass serving bowl, mix crushed pineapple and juice with pistachio pudding mix. Stir pudding is completely dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Next, fold in the thawed cool whip. Gently fold until pudding and cool whip is completely blended.
- Add miniature marshmallows and pecans. Cover and chill until salad is set. About 25 minutes or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, garnish with stemmed cherries and extra chopped pecans if desired.
Do ahead tip: Watergate Salad can be made up 2 days ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.