This Old Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler is a chocolate lover’s dream! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and can be whipped up in a snap. Top it off with a big ole scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s absolutely delicious and the perfect comfort food!
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, melted
Second layer -Crust
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 ¼ cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
Third layer- Chocolate sauce
- 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For topping: Vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. For the first layer, pour the melted butter into a 9 x 13 -inch dish baking dish or a 10- inch iron skillet.
- For the second layer, (Crust) in a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together, 1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 ¼ cups of sugar, and 1 cup of whole milk. Whisk until it’s creamy and smooth. Pour the batter over the melted butter but DO NOT STIR.
- Now for the third layer, – Chocolate sauce, In a medium-size saucepan, mix 1 ½ cups of sugar, ½ cup cocoa, and 2 cups heavy whipping cream. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate mixture reaches a soft boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching chocolate. After chocolate sauce reaches a boil, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Pour chocolate sauce over the top of the batter, but again DO NOT STIR.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the batter rises to the top and forms a light golden brown crust and is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Note: Store any leftover cobbler in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave.