This luscious Hawaiian Pie is like a banana split on steroids. It’s a deliciously elegant dessert that can be made in about 2 minutes-no of baking to it! Perfect for any occasion and a dessert that everyone will absolutely love!
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs. It’s best to buy the Graham crackers and crush them in a food processor.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 4 bananas, sliced (make sure the bananas are not overly ripe.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (In heavy syrup)
- 1 (10-ounce) carton frozen non dairy whipped topping. (I prefer the Cool Whip brand in this recipe.)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened coconut. (Make sure it’s flake coconut and not shredded.)
- Stemmed Red Maraschino cherries (For garnishing)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 stick of melted butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole dish. You can also use a small dish.
- Place sliced bananas on top of the graham cracker crust.
- In a small bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice together and pour over bananas.
- Next, spoon the drained crushed pineapple over the sweetened condensed mixture.
- Now, add the whipped topping and sprinkle frozen coconut.
- Garnish with stemmed Maraschino cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 to 6 hours. It’s actually better made the night before. Overnight the pie will set and all the delicious flavors will soak in. To serve, cut into squares and place a stemmed Maraschino cherry on each piece if desired. Enjoy!!
Do ahead tip: You can make this pie up the night before and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. In fact, it’s much better if you make it the night before. All the flavors will have time to soak in and the pie will be easier to cut too.
RECIPE NOTE: Hawaiian pie will keep about 2 days in the refrigerator before the bananas start to turn dark.