- 1 Angel food cake (14-ounce store bought or bake your own)
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese (16-ounces total), soften at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ½ ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 16-ounce container of frozen Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping, divided and thawed
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted (optional)
- Set aside a few berries for garnishing the top of cake.
- Using a serrated knife, or your fingers cut or tear the angel food cake into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in 8-ounces of whipped topping or half the 16-ounce container reserving half of the whipped topping for top of cake.
- Add the cake pieces to the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Using a spoon, roughly divide mixture into fourths. You’ll use ¼ of the cake mixture for each layer of the punch bowl cake.
- Place ¼ of the cake mixture in the bottom of a glass punch bowl or glass trifle dish. Top the cake layer evenly with the sliced strawberries.
- Spread ¼ of the cake mixture over the sliced strawberries and layer with the blueberries.
- Spread ¼ of the cake mixture over the blueberries and sprinkle with the layer with the raspberries.
- Top the layer of raspberries with the 1/4 remaining cake mixture. Top with the remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and garnish with the reserved berries, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Be sure that you make this a day ahead of serving. All the flavors need time to soak in. In fact, we found that it even tasted better on the second and third day! This dessert is so delicious and refreshing! It’s perfect for entertaining because you can make it up several days ahead of time.